Hello. I am Ali Arjomand, a scientist (PhD, Nutrition) and Certified Nutritionist (CN). I provide personalized, science-based nutrition consulting to clients like you.
For two decades, I applied my research expertise to advance scientific knowledge and develop new medical applications. Many fascinating aspects of health and disease have been uncovered by the research community. But very few of these advancements have reached patients and touched individual lives in meaningful ways. This was frustrating to see.
So I dropped my efforts to discover more and focused instead on delivering what we already knew.
That is the story of Modulla Health, a place where individuals struggling with a range of GI conditions receive personalized nutrition services, improve their health status and even transform their lives. These services are built on sound scientific evidence and offered with the empathetic understanding of a fellow patient.
You see, I am also a patient. I have Crohn’s disease. I struggled with my condition for 16 years, failed a series of medications and underwent multiple hospitalizations and two intense surgeries. In 2016, left without any options, I made the decision to apply my scientific expertise to implement dietary and lifestyle interventions. This intervention eliminated all my symptoms, returned my lab values to their normal range and allowed me to stop all my medications for the first time in 16 years. I truly cannot remember a time when I felt this good, had more energy or been more active.
I created Modulla Health to help others find lasting relief and quality of life through nutrition and lifestyle interventions. It has been immensely gratifying and an honor to support my clients and to see first hand the recovery they have made by working with me.
- Ph.D. in Nutrition, University of California, Davis
- B.S. in Genetics, University of California, Davis
Professional Credentials and Memberships
- Certified Nutritionist – Department of Health, Washington State
- American Gastrointestinal Association – Scientist Member
- American Society of Nutrition
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics – Active Member
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics – Washington State – Active Member
A little more about me . . . I am a constant learner and never assume I have all the answers. I have dedicated my career to helping those in need and truly enjoy seeing the impact my work has on the lives of others. On a personal note, I live in the Seattle area with my wife and twin daughters. I enjoy many outdoor activities in the beautiful surroundings of the Pacific Northwest. I recently started growing delicious, healthy vegetables and herbs in my backyard which I incorporate in my diet.
Here are a few things I am particularly proud of are:
I worked directly with Bill Gates to find innovative solutions that help millions of people living in developing countries. As Director of Strategy and Innovation for the Global Good Fund, Bill Gates’ private technology venture, I worked on global health challenges such malaria, TB and malnutrition in newborns and children. I worked closely with the Bill and Melinda Gates’ Foundation to advance our innovations and ensure vaccines and other health solutions reach the people who needed them the most in the world.
I co-founded Accium BioSciences, the first company to own and operate a particle accelerator laboratory dedicated to medical research, and oversaw laboratory analysis of over 50 FDA Phase 1 clinical studies, including diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, solid tumors and autoimmune conditions. I was the co-Principal Investigator of an NIH study developing personalized treatments for brain cancer patients.
As a research scientist, I was the first to develop a new, more accurate and highly sensitive way to measure nutrient absorption in humans. This research, combined with population studies, helped support changes to US nutrition policy for folic acid requirement during pregnancy, significantly benefiting infant health and morbidity in the US.
Find me online…
|My professional profile on LinkedIn|
|Shared pictures of my carbohydrate specific diet (SCD)|
|Interesting stories and science updates on my Twitter feed|
|Modulla Health page on Facebook|
|Coming soon – Shared pictures of my vegetable garden!|
- New Approaches to Studying Nutrient Kinetics in Humans: Folic Acid, Accelerator Mass Spectrometry and Mathematical Modeling. Ali Arjomand, Doctoral Thesis, 1998. University of California, Davis.
- New Frontiers – Accelerator Mass Spectrometry (AMS): Recommendation for Best Practices and Harmonization from Global Bioanalysis Consortium Harmonization Team. Journal of the American Association of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2014 Mar;16(2):357-9.
- Precision and accuracy in the quantitative analysis of biological samples by accelerator mass spectrometry: application in microdose absolute bioavailability studies. Analytical Chemistry . 2011 Jul 15;83(14):5607-16.
- Quantitation of in vivo Human Folate Metabolism. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition . 2004 80(3):680-91
- Machine/article/composition/process State(s) For Tracking Philanthropic And/or Other Efforts (co-inventor with Bill Gates and others)
- Total carbon mass determination by accelerator mass spectrometry (AMS) using 13C isotope dilution
- Personalized therapeutic treatment process
- Nucleic acid methylation detection process using an internal reference sample