Nut Butter Truffles
A sugar free truffle packed with calories and protein.
- 1 cup almond butter unsalted and free of additives
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Kosher salt
- In a medium saucepan, combine and simmer the honey, butter, vanilla and salt. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add peanut butter to simmering liquid and blend while simmering.
- When fully blended, turn off flame.
- Butter a glass or metal pan about 8 x 8 inches. Add some wax or parchment paper at the bottom to make it even easier to remove the peanut butter truffles.
- Pour the peanut butter truffle mixture into the pan and place the pan in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the pan and cut the peanut butter truffles into squares.
- Store in freezer. Thaw briefly in refrigerator or at room temperature.
- Optional – Sprinkle a little Kosher salt before eating.